Facebook and other social media allow us to spend time in an extremely pleasant way, but we do not always notice that it is too much time. Somehow the minutes and hours pass that you can spend on other activities. Many users who decided to stop using their Facebook account did so because of the huge amount of information that was flooded for days. Most of the data provided here is completely useless, but it wastes our time and does not allow you to focus on more important activities.
Account deactivation on FB – what should you know
You should start with the fact that you can not only delete but deactivate your account. Deactivating a Facebook account is simply its suspension – with the option of returning at any time. If you deactivate, then you will not be able to search your account on the site and the information on your timeline will not be visible, but sent messages to their recipients will still be visible.
In addition, Facebook will save important information from your account in its vast archives. For what? To bring them back to life if you decide to return and reactivate your account. If you are 100% sure that you want to completely delete the account on FB, then you will not be able to access it again and all data will be deleted once and for all, although the network rules warn that “Copies of some materials (e.g. log files) may remain on our servers for technical reasons. ” Unfortunately, what data it is – this is not clearly defined, and the scope of interpretation of this provision can be very wide.
How to deactivate your Facebook account
To deactivate the account:
- click Account Settings in the upper right corner of any Facebook page
- select Settings
- click General in the left column
- click Manage your account, then click Deactivate account and follow the instructions to confirm deactivation
- Deactivation is immediate – you can return to using your account at any time.
When the Facebook account is deactivated, you still have Messenger:
- You can still chat with friends in Messenger.
- Your Facebook profile photo is visible in messenger conversations.
- Other people can search for you to send you a message.
Reactivating the account
If you want to return to Facebook after deactivating your account, you can reactivate it at any time by logging in to Facebook or using your Facebook account to log in elsewhere. Remember that when you reactivate your account, you must have access to the email address or phone number you use when logging in to complete the operation.
How to uninstall the application
To uninstall the Facebook application from your Android phone:
- Go to the Android phone settings and open the application manager.
- Touch Facebook.
- Tap Uninstall.
- To reinstall the Facebook application for Android, download it again from the Google Play store.
iPhone and iPad
To uninstall the Facebook application from your iPhone or iPad:
- Press and hold the application icon.
- Touch the displayed x symbol.
- To confirm the operation, touch Delete.