Google account allows you to buy applications, the ability to copy your address book from the cloud. Without it, your smartphone loses many of its possibilities. However, if you want to completely remove them from your smartphone, there are several methods to choose from.
How to delete Google account from Android phone
The second way to delete a Google account from a phone or other Android device is to unlink it in “Account Settings”. After clicking the appropriate tab, we will see all the accounts that are available on our device. At this stage, we can decide what exactly we want to remove. To delete a Google account from your smartphone, simply follow the steps below:
- Open the “Settings” application
- Click “Accounts”.
- Click the account you want to delete and then “Delete account”.
When we do this, the system will ask us a question confirming whether we really want to delete this account from our device. If this is the only Google account on your phone, you must provide a pattern, PIN or password for security reasons. Remember, however, that disconnecting your Google account from your smartphone is not synonymous with permanently deleting it from the server.
Before you delete an account:
Review the data saved in the account. If you use a Gmail address in online banking, social media or applications, add a new email address for these services. Update your account recovery information in case you need them in the future.
To delete your Google Account:
- Open your Google account.
- In the user panel on the left, click Data and personalization.
- In the Download or delete your data or plan what will happen to them section, click Delete service or your account.
- In the Delete Google Account section, click Delete account.
Delete Google account from phone – factory reset
To delete a Google account from the phone, we can completely reset the phone and restore the factory settings. This option can be found in the device settings. However, you need to be aware of the fact that this solution is tantamount to completely wiping the data from the phone.
Recovering a recently deleted Google Account
If your Google Account has been deleted, it may be possible to recover it. If the account was deleted some time ago, you may not be able to restore your data. After recovering your account, you can normally use it to sign in to Gmail, Google Play and other Google services.
Follow the steps to recover your account. Google will ask you a few questions to confirm that this is your account. Answer according to your best knowledge.
If you can recover your account, create a password for it that you have not used before.
Tips for setting up a new Google account:
- Use a computer, phone or tablet that you often log in to.
- Use this browser as usual (e.g. Chrome or Safari).
- Be in the place where you usually log in, e.g. at home or work.
- If you are asked to enter an email address to which you have access, enter the address associated with your account. It can help you recover your account.